Printers come in all sizes and with all sorts of mechanisms. The simplest way to know how to print on both sides of a paper is to print two documents on a same sheet and use the result as a reference to manage the paper.
- Let's go ahead and just do that. Use the "Test Print" buttons for this. Print "Test Print 1" now and keep the paper source tray you choose in mind.
- After you're done, reinsert the printed page back into the same source tray. Do not flip or rotate it in any way.
- If your printer's source tray and output tray have a 90° difference, turn the page as you consider appropriate. Just remember to add this page turn when printing the real document.
- Now do “Test Print 2”
- Compare your result with the following table. Depending on the result is the rotation or flipping to do before printing the second side of the real document.
||Leave as it is
- Portrait and landscape prints have different results.
For landscape documents exchange actions 1 with 2 and 3 with 4 correspondingly.
- It's not advised to exchange trays
halve way of a two sided print.
- Each printing tray uses a different
mechanism to manage paper. You may need to repeat the test for each
tray of each printer you use.